Thursday, August 29, 2024

All good things come to an end

Here I am, with my last blog post.

I am writing from Nairobi's airport, sharing my last reflections regarding this experience and adventure that it has been in these past seven months.


Today I said goodbye to Emma and Valery, as we spent a few last days together. Us volunteers have lived a lot of experiences, laughs and struggles together in Shianda, and I am grateful for the moments that we shared and will always remember! 




From living periods without electricity, to walks in the areas sorrounding our house and the many moments and activities done with the locals in Shianda, we definitely shared a lot.

Perhaps some things did not go as we expected or wished, but I am happy to have made the choice to come and spend this time in Shianda, to play my part in helping the community develop. I believe that I tried my best and that I have learned a lot, while offering to the community my most sincere efforts.

I hope they will cherish and apply the information and practices that we have all shared with them, as we put our hearts into working with them.

I leave Kenya with some sadness, as although I am happy to go back to Europe and see my family, I enjoyed living in this countries with all its pros and cons. But I am sure that one day I will be back and spend more time here.

Asante Sana Kenya! 


No comments :

Post a Comment