Tuesday, January 26, 2021

 I don't know how many days... 

First time I came to Kenya was in 2019 February. I have since travelled and lived in Uganda but still now back to where it all started- Shianda. And it feels great! Being very selfish of course, but it feels great to see the work you've been doing and to see the people and how they're moving on with their lives. Still, struggles are there, even worse because of the year we all have had but when I'm talking with my women groups, I feel they're empowered. They tell me, they shouldn't just idle around and not do anything. They should always find some things to provide them at least some food etc. It's the mindset, that they're explaining to have changed. And it's in their actions, the ideas and plans they have! It's empowering to me and to them and we know now, that difficult times are ahead but we will keep working. I'm very happy with the Shianda community, small and with a lot of resilience.



No comments :

Post a Comment