Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Quick Update

This will be a quick entry. A short update. So as not to lose the habit.  

It's been two months since my arrival in Kenya. I am starting to feel at home. I have gotten used to the people, the new house, and the new environment. Even my body stopped suffering with the food (or was it the water?).


Work-wise, this month things have flowed much better. I have achieved several goals I had set for myself. Everything feels more organized and I work better with my colleagues. I'm still trying to figure out the locals, tho. It's quite challenging to apprehend their motivations and mentality. Sometimes I am very pleasantly surprised and sometimes the opposite. 


However, I think those pleasant surprises make up for absolutely everything else. Those wonderful people I have met, with a lot of desire to change things. With a lot of strength in their eyes and with wonderful smiles. People who believe in doing things well and making things better. I call them huggable people.


House-wise, there have been changes. Ebba is no longer with us and we miss her. The dynamics in the house have also changed due to her departure. It was to be expected. Anyway, I still enjoy living with my housemates. Our dinners together and movie nights are sometimes the best part of the day. They make me laugh tons.


We also went to the cinema a week ago. It took us four hours to get there and back for only two hours of movie time. But it was worth it. We also had a failed visit to the sauna. Wonderful. Oh, and I visited Mount Longonot and Hell's Gate with Emma and Ebba. Still trying to recover from the hike. 


PS. I celebrated my birthday here, with three cakes and three happy birthday songs. It was very beautiful.


-VJSU 



No comments :

Post a Comment